April 6, 2020
For Immediate Release
To our valued customers and partners,
The County of Santa Clara Health Department in conjunction with six other local health jurisdictions have extended the Shelter in Place order through May 3, 2020. In addition to the extension they have asked for greater vigilance in social distancing practices among retail and other essential businesses that remain open.
In addition the following new precautions are adopted effective immediately.
- De Anza Appliance is continuing to order and back-order additional cleaning materials and personal protective equipment through all possible vendors.
- Executive and customer service staff are working from home with only 2-3 managers on-site daily to receive and distribute inventory and courier materials to other staffers.
- Technicians and remaining on-site managers meet outside practicing social distancing when in-person meetings required and use Facetime, G-Mail, Google Chat, Phone, and Text whenever possible.
- Signage directing customers to our website and phone number for Corona Virus updates are posted on the front and back doors.
- Delivery drivers are to announce themselves in the front lobby and leave packages without signature requests.
- The lobby is closed for customers but can drop ship parts for do-it-yourself repairs at a nominal fee or direct to a national distributor for direct drop ship options.
- Office hours are now 8:00am to 2:00pm to allow team members to run essential errands in the afternoon hours.
- Temperature tests for technicians when they check in the office.
In the light of mandatory quarantine operation of residential cooking, laundry, and refrigerator equipment is crucial to maintain home food supplies and personal hygiene and will remain so long as the county, state, and federal jurisdictions allow operations.
Again we want to thank customers who have proactively cancelled appointments due to voluntary exposure quarantines and illnesses. Continued prayers go out to our first response and medical providers, grocers, trade people and other businesses staying open to provide critical services to residents of Alameda, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties and the greater San Jose Metropolitan area.
Roger Boucher, President
De Anza Appliance Parts & Service Inc.