March 16, 2020
For Immediate Release
To our valued customers and partners,
Keeping our clients and associates safe is paramount in this unprecedented time. For transparency we want to share with you steps De Anza Appliance takes in response to the Coronavrius.
- Educated associates about the symptoms of the virus and methods to limit exposure and transmission provided by the Santa Clara County Public Health and the Central for Disease Control and Prevention.
- De Anza Appliance have procured extra sanitizing products (alcohol based hand, solutions, wipes, and disinfectant sprays) for use in the office for high traffic areas, clients homes for appliances, and for associate’s personal use.
- If a client sounds or feels ill on the phone or at the threshold of the home we would respectfully ask to reschedule to ensure our associates aren’t a vector to transmit illnesses to at-risk populations we’re in contact with.
- De Anza Appliance requires sanitation of associate’s hands prior to entering a new home or facility, using the restroom, or eating and again at the completion of work or breaks.
- Resist associates touching face, hands, eyes, or mouth unless immediately after sanitation.
- Request no shaking of hands and recommend social distancing of six or more feet between associates and clients when possible.
- Wipe down of appliances, tools, tool bags and work areas prior to starting for our associates safety and after for your safety.
- If associates feels ill for any reason we request them to stay home for two days, if no improvement call their primary care physician for advise in next steps or quarantine protocol (current recommendation is 14 days).
- Associates may use any type of paid time off (bereavement, sick leave or vacation) to cover any missed time during the pandemic for any reason. Depending on seniority or accrual that could be as much as 21 days. Management will assist in filling with Employment Development Department for benefits for any employee requiring extended leaves of absence or absences that exceed paid time off due to personal or immediate family quarantine or illness with doctor’s notice.
We want to proactively thank the clients who recommended rescheduling who are exhibiting symptoms and understand their hardships with failed appliances with their self quarantine measures.
Appliance repair is especially crucial when in light of increased needs of sanitation and social distancing is of the utmost importance to keep cleaning (dishwasher, clothes dryer and washer) preparing food (cooktop, microwave, range and wall oven) and preserving food (freezer and refrigerator). So long as Govern Newsom, President Trump, the CDC, and Santa Clara County Public allows operation, De Anza Appliance will be available for scheduling appliance repair service.
Currently the 7 counties constituting the San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Clara County, and Greater San Jose Municipal area released a statement for a Health Ordinance which includes a Shelter in Place Health Clause. Per section 10.f.ix for plumbers and electricians and xii. for laundromats, dry cleaners, and laundry service providers are exempt appliance repair falls within the scope of both categories.
Our thoughts and prayers go to all of the first response and medical providers, grocers, and trades people that will keep open to ensure critical services and food are delivered to our counties.
Roger Boucher, President
De Anza Appliance Parts & Service Inc.
If you have any questions about De Anza Appliance or this Press Release you may contact Chris Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 996-9111 x101.