March 16, 2020
For Immediate Release
To our valued customers and partners,
Keeping our clients and associates safe is paramount in this unprecedented time. For transparency we want to share with you steps De Anza Appliance takes in response to the Coronavrius.
- Educated associates about the symptoms of the virus and methods to limit exposure and transmission provided by the Santa Clara County Public Health and the Central for Disease Control and Prevention.
- De Anza Appliance have procured extra sanitizing products (alcohol based hand, solutions, wipes, and disinfectant sprays) for use in the office for high traffic areas, clients homes for appliances, and for associate’s personal use.
- If a client sounds or feels ill on the phone or at the threshold of the home we would respectfully ask to reschedule to ensure our associates aren’t a vector to transmit illnesses to at-risk populations we’re in contact with.
- De Anza Appliance requires sanitation of associate’s hands prior to entering a new home or facility, using the restroom, or eating and again at the completion of work or breaks.
- Resist associates touching face, hands, eyes, or mouth unless immediately after sanitation.
- Request no shaking of hands and recommend social distancing of six or more feet between associates and clients when possible.
- Wipe down of appliances, tools, tool bags and work areas prior to starting for our associates safety and after for your safety.
- If associates feels ill for any reason we request them to stay home for two days, if no improvement call their primary care physician for advise in next steps or quarantine protocol (current recommendation is 14 days).
- Associates may use any type of paid time off (bereavement, sick leave or vacation) to cover any missed time during the pandemic for any reason. Depending on seniority or accrual that could be as much as 21 days. Management will assist in filling with Employment Development Department for benefits for any employee requiring extended leaves of absence or absences that exceed paid time off due to personal or immediate family quarantine or illness with doctor’s notice.
We want to proactively thank the clients who recommended rescheduling who are exhibiting symptoms and understand their hardships with failed appliances with their self quarantine measures.
Appliance repair is especially crucial when in light of increased needs of sanitation and social distancing is of the utmost importance to keep cleaning (dishwasher, clothes dryer and washer) preparing food (cooktop, microwave, range and wall oven) and preserving food (freezer and refrigerator). So long as Govern Newsom, President Trump, the CDC, and Santa Clara County Public allows operation, De Anza Appliance will be available for scheduling appliance repair service.
Currently the 7 counties constituting the San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Clara County, and Greater San Jose Municipal area released a statement for a Health Ordinance which includes a Shelter in Place Health Clause. Per section 10.f.ix for plumbers and electricians and xii. for laundromats, dry cleaners, and laundry service providers are exempt appliance repair falls within the scope of both categories.
Our thoughts and prayers go to all of the first response and medical providers, grocers, and trades people that will keep open to ensure critical services and food are delivered to our counties.
Roger Boucher, President
De Anza Appliance Parts & Service Inc.
If you have any questions about De Anza Appliance or this Press Release you may contact Chris Boucher at email@example.com or call (408) 996-9111 x101.
De Anza Appliance’s transitions to their new home on Scott Boulevard in Santa Clara’s Oakmead business district. De Anza Appliance closed their Maytag Home Appliance Center retail store and parts counter in Cupertino on De Anza Boulevard in 2004, refocusing on core appliance repair business. Business shifted to the Civic Center neighborhood.
At 2,000 square feet the new location affords De Anza Appliance twice the office space from the Cupertino location. Extra room allows stocking of fast-moving parts to improve the goal of first-time completed jobs. Extra elbow space also allows for the future expansion of office staff and parking for the growing service fleet. The new, centralized locality and access to Central Expressway, Lawrence Expressway, 101, and 237 provides easier access to San Jose to accommodate more same-day service requests when available.
Owner’s Roger and Cindy Boucher brought their son, Chris, on board in 2011 to reinvigorate marketing, recruit new staff, and spearhead business development. In 2015 Senior Technician Peter MacConnell was promoted to Technician Trainer with the goal to transition to Service Manager. Added leadership grew the service team’s capacity and customer demand for service at it’s highest peaks in over a decade. Late 2017 hiring goals include bringing on several experienced appliance service technicians. In 2018 De Anza hopes to train a technician apprentice, expand the office staff, and seek additional experienced technicians.
De Anza Appliance has expanded their appliance repair offerings to cover Dacor Appliances, LG Electronics, Sub-Zero Refrigerators, Viking Appliances, and Wolf Appliances. Senior Technician, Peter has been breaking down diagrams, educating the team, working with Andrew on mentoring these brands. All five brands provide technical support and appliance repair parts are readily available through local distribution channels for quick turnarounds in prescreening likely failing appliance parts to increase the chances of first time repair completions. Ask the dispatch team about general maintenance, water filter replacement and annual refrigerator cleaning when booking calls for any appliance repair.
De Anza Appliance based in Cupertino has provided major residential appliance repair for the Greater San Jose Metropolitan Area and Santa Clara since 1972. Recently expanding, De Anza Appliance now offers appliance repair in the cities Gilroy, Morgan Hill, and San Martin and the Coyote and New Almaden areas of South San Jose.
Sub Zero Refrigerator and Wolf Range.
Frozen fruit cubes transform any drink into a rainbow of colors.
1. Layer chopped fruit in an ice cube tray, two colors per compartment
(we used strawberries, oranges, pineapple, whole blueberries, purple grapes, and kiwi).
2. Top each with seltzer and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
Makes any drink even water colorful like a rainbow.
For any easy Super Bowl party, team up your appliances and tackle three dishes at once. Why work harder than you need to on the biggest sports day of the year? You can make three great party dishes all at once and be back on the couch before you can say touchdown. Follow these great recipes for simple and tasty game day eats.
ASIAN SESAME CHICKEN WINGS – (For the Oven and Stovetop)
Chicken – Two dozen chicken wings, salt and pepper, olive oil, two tablespoons of sesame seeds (toast in skillet before using) and chopped fresh cilantro.
Sauce – (make this the day before and store in the fridge). One juiced orange, ¼ cup hoison sauce, ¼ cup ketchup, ¼ cup brown sugar, three tablespoon rice wine vinegar, three cloves of garlic and once cup of soy sauce. Combine the sauce ingredients in large saucepan. Simmer until thickened. Store the sauce until the wings are ready.
Put all coated wings (salt and pepper to your liking) in a 400 degree oven on a baking sheet. Bake them for 25-30 minutes or until cooked all the way through. If sauce was chilled, reheat and mix wings and sauce in a large bowl until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top and garnish with cilantro.
CLASSIC CHEESE DIP – (For the Microwave)
One pound of your favorite cheese spread and one can diced green chilies and tomatoes (don’t drain the liquid). Combine in a microwave safe dish and heat until all is melted together. Add jalapenos to give it a little more attitude. Grab a bag of your favorite tortilla chips and dig in.
ULTIMATE ICE CREAM BALLS – (For the Freezer)
To save time, you can make these days before the big game. Scoop and freeze ice cream until it is hard. Dip into lukewarm melted chocolate and freeze until semi-hard. Roll the chocolate covered ice cream in shredded coconut, candy pieces, nuts or any other topping and freeze again. You could cut them up and cover in fresh fruit toppings or just serve them like they are. Place a stick in each one for easy eating or put in a bowl with a spoon.